This course is for managers and leaders who want to develop their commercial awareness, financial knowledge and strategic thinking capabilities, so they can influence the direction of their business and deliver to their full potential.
This course will assist managers in undertaking financial analysis, with focus on the P&L (Income Statement) and the costs they manage. It will also cover strategic budgeting – setting the objectives for the organisation or business unit – and how to turn their strategy into a commercially viable plan that others may find ‘attractive.’
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know the key financial elements of a company
- Appreciate how companies are structured and financed
- Understand how the balance sheet, profit and loss account, and statutory and management accounts are used to manage the business
- Be able to build a budget and business case for strategic goals and investment opportunities
- Demonstrate their ability to assess the performance of the business against the budget
- Increase their ‘commercial acumen’, confidence and credibility when dealing with others in the organisation
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.