This highly practical assertiveness course is packed full of powerful techniques your people can use in a range of situations such as, making requests, following up on requests, saying ‘no’, giving feedback and raising difficult issues.
When people are assertive they portray a strong, confident image and can put their views across while taking other people’s opinions into account. Non-assertive, passive aggressive or aggressive behaviour can cause misunderstandings, frustration and even a break down in relationships at work.
Participants discover how effective body language, voice, and the words they say make a big difference to the results they get. Importantly, they also learn how to build confidence that leads to assertive behaviour more of the time.
They leave with lots of valuable techniques, including empathic assertion, ‘broken record’ and discrepancy assertion – and, most importantly, the ability to say when ‘no’ when appropriate.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Recognise the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Identify the barriers to assertive behaviour and how they can be overcome
- Know how to express ideas and present information with authority and conviction
- Gain a deeper understanding of the impact non-verbal communication has on people
- Learn how to make assertive requests and say ‘no’, where appropriate