Some people spend a large proportion of their working life in meetings – and many consider much of this time to be wasted. That’s why good chairing skills are crucial for managers and leaders. This practical and engaging course shows how skilful chairing can steer a meeting to a successful conclusion, saving considerable time and significantly boosting efficiency.
Using interactive real-life scenarios to ensure the learning is transferrable, participants will learn how to make the most of the Before, During and After phases of the meeting. They will discover how to control those who speak too much or go off track – and get those who contribute little to say more. Most importantly, they will learn how to ‘stamp their mark’ on the meeting from the outset and create a sense of urgency that leads to greater engagement and improved effectiveness.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Know how to make the most of the Before, During and After phases of the meeting
- Understand how to stimulate and facilitate discussion to maximise engagement
- Know how to clearly define the purpose of a meeting, and prepare a realistic agenda
- Be able to handle negative, time-wasting and disruptive behaviours effectively
- Know how to ensure effective minutes are recorded and followed up