To achieve on-going success, organisations need to change to keep ahead of the competition, take advantage of the rapid development of technology and meet customers’ expectations. Managers have an important role in initiating and implementing change, innovation and on-going improvement. This can sometimes be challenging and effective managers are adept in aligning their teams and gaining buy-in to new ways of working.
This interactive, practical and engaging course provides participants with the essential knowledge and skills they need to manage change effectively. Participants will learn about the barriers to change, the emotions people experience during change and learn how to move people through this process effectively. They will leave with a renewed confidence in their ability to manage change effectively.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the leader’s role in change and how everyone can initiate change
- Know how to maximise the value and power of ‘aggregation of marginal gains’
- Be aware of the Kübler-Ross change curve and know how to handle their/others’ emotions
- Acquire practical techniques for getting buy-in and dealing with resistance
- Understand John Kotter’s 8-step change model and relate it to the challenges they face
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.