Performance coaching develops people’s capabilities, improves effectiveness and enhances productivity. It also encourages ownership and responsibility, leading to staff being happier and more motivated. This stimulating and informative course will build participants’ coaching skills and enable them to acquire a solid understanding of the theory and practice of performance coaching.
Participants will learn when to use coaching and when not to, how to take and make opportunities to have coaching conversations, the right and wrong way to ask questions, how to structure a coaching conversation and how to coach in formal situations such as one-to-ones and appraisals.
They will leave with lots of tools and techniques they can use immediately – together with increased confidence in their ability to develop people effectively.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know how to use a coaching style on a daily basis
- Understand the role coaching plays in motivating people
- Have enhanced their questioning, listening and feedback skills
- Learn how to use the GROW model of coaching
- Be able to use powerful techniques that help people to create new habits or behaviours
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.