Performance coaching develops sales people’s capabilities, improves effectiveness and helps them achieve better results. It also encourages ownership and responsibility, leading to staff being happier, empowered and more motivated. This stimulating and interactive course will build on participants’ existing coaching skills and enable them to acquire a solid understanding of the psychology and practice of effective sales coaching.
Sales managers will discover when to use coaching and when not to, how to take and make opportunities to have coaching conversations, the right and wrong way to ask questions, how to structure a coaching conversation and how to coach in formal situations such as one-to-ones and appraisals. They will acquire techniques for raising people’s awareness of how they can build their pipeline, manage churn and achieve their targets. They will leave with lots of tools and techniques they can use immediately.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand what coaching is and isn’t
- Recognise the value of using a coaching style daily
- Have enhanced their questioning and listening skills
- Know how to take a coaching approach when giving feedback and in motivating people
- Learn how to use the GROW model of coaching