Communication is an important key to success in any organisation. People need not only to communicate effectively but also make a positive impression on others and build great working relationships face-to-face and at a distance. All too often communication breaks down and this can lead to misunderstandings, missed deadlines, stress and workplace conflict.
This engaging and interactive session will help your people overcome barriers to effective communication and learn how to express their ideas clearly and concisely. They will explore face-to-face, telephone, teleconference and email communication, and learn how to choose the right medium for their message. They will discover the secrets to listening at a deeper level and asking questions to clarify understanding and avoid making assumptions. They will also acquire techniques for making sure they get their messages across and influence others, where needed. Participants will leave with increased confidence in their ability to communicate with others effectively whatever the situation.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication and know how to overcome them
- Know how to make sure key messages are communicated clearly and effectively
- Ask questions and listen actively to establish needs and relevant information
- Recognise the importance of not making assumptions and checking for understanding
- Know how to adapt their approach to other people and so achieve the result they want