Workplace conflict arises because we all have different values, beliefs and viewpoints. Some conflict is healthy because it brings fresh thinking and new ideas. Some does not. Disagreements when poorly handled lead to poor decisions, strained relationships and often adversely affect the outcome of important projects. When people don’t deal with conflict effectively, they risk jeopardising the results they want to achieve and lose the benefit of productive, positive working relationships.
This interactive, lively and informative workshop will give participants practical techniques and strategies that will make their difficult conversations easier and help them manage conflict when it arises. Participants will learn how to prepare for a difficult conversation and will acquire a mapping tool to help them better understand other people’s perspectives. They will acquire a step-by-step approach to resolving conflict successfully as well as valuable tips on taking action to avoid disagreements escalating into conflict. They will gain insights into their most challenging issues and leave feeling more confident in dealing with them effectively.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Learn new strategies for handling disagreements and misunderstandings constructively
- Be able to use a mapping tool for better understanding other people’s perspectives
- Know how to structure the opening of a difficult conversation more effectively
- Recognise how people behave differently under pressure and when experiencing stress
- Have increased their ability to manage their and others emotions successfully