In an increasingly global marketplace organisations can’t afford to neglect the importance of good communication. While people often quickly get used to communicating with other cultures, there are many potential pitfalls and, if people don’t adapt their approach, misunderstandings and frustration. Companies that invest in cultural awareness training undoubtedly reap rewards through effective working relationships, better communication, employee retention and productive staff.
The aim of this training is to increase cross-cultural awareness and improve relationships between managers and staff based in different countries. The workshop is appropriate for anyone who needs an increased awareness of differences and similarities between different cultures in a business context. It’s for anyone who wants to improve communication and cohesion across multi-cultural teams.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Have increased understanding of the differences between cultures
- Know the right way to go about conversation, holding business meetings, negotiating, etiquette etc
- Increased awareness of the differences in approach to those in positions of authority
- Know how to build strong and lasting relationships with people from other cultures
- Enhance your organisation’s reputation when doing business in other countries or working in a cross-cultural team
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.