Most successful organisations are in a constant state of change – because change is necessary to maintain a competitive advantage, meet the expectations of customers and manage success in a rapidly changing world. But the relentless pace of change can be uncomfortable for many people.
Your staff get a new boss, someone they don’t know, and they wonder whether they’ll get along. Business units merge or split, or move to another location, resulting in personal and professional disruption. Familiar processes people can do with your eyes closed are replaced by procedures that don’t seem to them to be as intuitive.
This interactive and practical course will enable participants to cope with change more effectively. They will learn how to welcome change as inevitable rather than resist it, discover the secrets of coping with their changing emotions during the course of a change cycle and understand the critical role they have in supporting the implementation of change across the business.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand that most people find change challenging when they have limited control over it
- Be aware of the Kübler-Ross change curve and know how to manage their emotions better
- Understand how to cope with change differently and acquire effective strategies for coping
- Recognise the role beliefs play in resisting or embracing change and how to reframe limiting beliefs
- Know what they can do to support change initiatives and think creatively to make things work