Being able to give continuous virtual feedback – both positive and negative – is an essential skill when managing virtual teams. Managers should also bear in mind the importance of conducting performance coaching to develop capabilities and strengths of their people, encouraging ownership and responsibility while working remotely.
In this virtual session, a useful feedback model is shared to help participants ensure they structure their feedback in a way that is useful to the receiver. Participants will also learn how and when to use coaching and when not to, how to take and make opportunities to have coaching conversations, the right and wrong way to ask questions, how to structure a coaching conversation and how to coach virtually.
This is a standalone session that can also be taken as part of the programme Manage the New Norm – Your Route to Success.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Recognise the importance of incorporating feedback into everyday conversations
- Be aware of the essential skills needed to deliver greater feedback
- Understand the role coaching plays in motivating people when working remotely
- Have enhanced their questioning, listening and feedback skills
- Learn how to use the GROW model of coaching
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.