Diversity and inclusion is one of the most important parts of working in any industry. Yet, if not handled correctly, it can cost businesses both financially and through a loss of their reputation. In this world of globalisation, understanding of diversity and inclusion will vary from country to country, but the common thread is to treat all people with respect.
Using discussions, videos and role-play, this course will teach participants the importance of promoting and embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace, along with practical methods for actively encouraging diversity. Participants will also look at some of the potential areas where diversity could fail, and ways to avoid this.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Have an awareness of diversity and inclusion issues
- Be aware of the nine protected characteristics and what they mean to them and their organisation
- Know the difference between discrimination, prejudice and stereotypes
- Learn how globalisation has impacted on diversity and inclusion
- Be aware of their personal beliefs, values and rules and their effects on a workplace
- Gain insights and awareness of how to work through intercultural dilemmas
- Know how to communicate effectively with those from different backgrounds
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.