Many people in every organisation spend a large proportion of their working life in meetings – and they often consider much of this time to be wasted. That’s why it’s essential for everyone who attends a meeting to make sure they get the most out of it.
This practical and engaging course demonstrates how anyone attending a meeting can contribute to making them effective and worthwhile. Participants will learn how to prepare effectively for meetings even when they are busy. They will discover how to make sure other’s listen to what they say and get their messages across effectively. They will learn how to provide a strong supporting role to the person chairing the meeting that helps keep things on track and ensure everyone’s voices are heard. Participants will leave with great confidence in their ability to get the best out of meetings.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Recognise the importance of preparing for every meeting and following up on actions promptly
- Learn how to get your point across effectively and gain buy-in to your ideas
- Know how to make sure they get air time and allow/encourage others to contribute
- Be able to take a leading role when things aren’t working and help to get it back on track
- Know how to take minutes and ensure action points are recorded
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.