Being able to listen well and ask questions effectively is a core skill of every role in the workplace. In some roles, this becomes a crucial skill for successful job performance. Despite its importance misunderstandings frequently arise because people make assumptions based upon limited information or simply misunderstand because they haven’t asked the right questions.
This interesting, engaging and informative session will help participants develop their skills in gathering valuable information from others. They will learn fascinating and useful techniques for asking precision questions and facilitative listening. They will discover why it’s essential not to make assumptions and avoid guessing what someone else is going to say. They will learn the importance of gaining clarity by asking questions that turn implicit communication into explicit facts. They will also acquire valuable techniques they can use to ensure they listen effectively in a variety of business situations. Participants leave with simple and practical techniques they can apply immediately.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Recognise the importance of preparing questions that are focused on their objective
- Know how to make sure key messages are communicated clearly and effectively
- Learn how to avoid misunderstandings and making assumptions
- Be able to use precision questioning techniques to elicit the information required
- Have acquired techniques they can use to ensure they are listening effectively in all situations
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.