The majority of business communications are now via email. It’s quick and efficient, but there are hidden dangers. The immediacy of the medium, coupled with the emotional detachment of staring at a screen, means that mistakes and misunderstandings can result in major problems – conflict, confusion and loss of credibility that can be costly.
This interactive and highly practical email skills course will help anyone who wants to improve their communication skills and deliver excellent service by email. Participants will be taken through the skills of writing clear, concise emails that gets results, while respecting email etiquette. They will also learn when it’s better to pick up the phone or communicate face-to-face. They will review sample emails and discuss how they can be improved and receive feedback on their own work.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Write clear and well-structured professional emails
- Save time through communicating appropriately from the outset
- Create a positive impact with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Avoid frustrating others with email overload
- Write with impact and capture the reader’s attention