Delegating to a virtual workforce is especially challenging. Managers need to be confident when delegating tasks to their people that they’ll be able to carry them out. Effective managers know what tasks to delegate to allow themselves time to strategically plan, to collaborate with others in the organisation, and to monitor the performance of their employees, ensuring adequate feedback and development opportunities are available.
This virtual session provides all the knowledge and skills your managers need when delegating tasks to their people. Participants will learn how to delegate virtually and effectively. They will master the techniques of planning to delegate, holding delegation conversations and monitoring the progress of their delegation.
This is a standalone session that can also be taken as part of the programme Manage the New Norm – Your Route to Success.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the difference between delegating and dumping
- Recognise what stops managers from delegating and know how to overcome this
- Know what to delegate and how to delegate effectively
- Be able to identify and avoid common pitfalls of poor delegation
- Appreciate the importance of monitoring progress and reviewing effectiveness
- Understanding the behaviours of turning delegation into empowerment
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.