Extensive research shows that the most powerful and effective way of communicating, leading, persuading, motivating and bringing about change is to present your ideas in a storytelling format. The human brain struggles to remember concepts, facts and information when they’re delivered in an abstract way – but finds it easy when they’re built into a case study, real world example or anecdote. Yet, this message must be consistent from one department to the next and be in line with the company’s brand and values.
Through a mix of learning interventions, participants will explore the key elements that make up a ‘good’ story. They will have the opportunity to build and share stories they can use in different client and stakeholder situations, as well as practise delivering these stories in a way that engages and compels their audience to listen.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand why storytelling is a powerful way of presenting ideas
- Be able to describe the key elements that make up a good story
- Be familiar with a range of powerful, effective story formats
- Know how to use the SUCCES model to make their stories ‘sticky’
- Understand the ADE model and be able to use it to ‘polish’ their own storytelling
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.