Some people have a natural authority that’s often called gravitas. When they speak others listen. When they walk into a room others take notice. Others have levitas – a playful quality that can lighten the mood.
Some people can exhibit both gravitas and levitas, but many default to one or the other – while some come across as bland, lacking either characteristic. They can seem a little ‘grey’. This training will give participants a thorough understanding of gravitas and levitas – what they are, why they matter and how to go about developing them.
This interactive, engaging and informative workshop is for individuals at any level. Using a variety of learning interventions, from facilitated discussion to pairs/small group work to video clips of people with gravitas and levitas, participants will have several opportunities to practise and improve their own gravitas and levitas.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be able to flex their impact between gravitas and levitas as well as be able to identify when each style is appropriate
- Know how to develop authority, presence and ‘weight’ and when to do so
- Understand the impact body language has in conveying gravitas and ‘toxic traits’ to avoid
- Be able use their voice more powerfully through emphasis, pausing and other techniques
- Know how and when to lighten the mood and display more levitas in a range of situations
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.