It’s all too easy to lose a good reputation and long-standing customers if your people don’t handle complaints in an effective way. Equally, when complaints arise they provide a great opportunity to turn a customer into a loyal client, if handled well.
In this highly practical workshop participants will discover the secrets to handling customer complaints in a way that builds loyalty and generates additional revenue. They will learn how to demonstrate empathy, communicate in the best way, ask questions to identify issues and enhance the customer’s experience.
They will learn how to recognise different styles of behaviour and know how to adapt their approach accordingly. They will also have an opportunity to explore why customers complain and try out different approaches to resolving them. They will leave with increased confidence in their ability to handle complaints effectively.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Know what causes customers to complain and the importance of demonstrating empathy
- Be able to manage their emotional state when customers are frustrated or even angry
- Recognise the importance of listening actively and asking questions to understand others
- Identify their behavioural style and know how to adapt their approach
- Know what to do to resolve the problem and when to escalate it to their supervisor
- Have increased confidence and acquired strategies for handling challenging situations effectively