We all need to influence others, but most people have only a limited range of strategies – so they’re not effective in certain situations or with certain people. But this is a skill that can be learnt – an essential skill for everyone in business. This stimulating and informative workshop will build on participants’ existing influencing skills and give them additional techniques they can use immediately to get others to say ‘yes’ more often.
Participants will learn how to present their ideas persuasively, how to get people to do things, how to adapt their approach for different personalities and how to influence upwards. They will leave with improved knowledge, greater confidence and enhanced skills that will enable them to be more successful in the many influencing situations they encounter.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Be aware of many different strategies that can be used for influencing and persuading
- Know how to adapt their approach to take account of the behavioural style of the other person
- Have practised using their skills using a variety of role-plays based on real-life situations
- Appreciate the value of ‘selling their ideas’ by focusing on what matters to the other person
- Leave with increased confidence in winning others over to their point of view