Leading a virtual team presents even the most effective manager with a number of challenges. When their team is working remotely it’s hard to know what they’re doing – and whether they’re doing it right. It’s also more difficult giving negative feedback over the phone or via email. And it’s not easy for a manager to build team spirit when their team is in different locations.
This interactive, practical and engaging programme focuses on how to motivate, provide direction, manage performance and ensure that virtual teams are productive and effective. Ideas are explored for enhancing the critical skills required such as communication, goal setting and effective task allocation.
Participants will also learn about the importance of trust and autonomy. The course will also explore the challenging situations and issues faced by remote managers in their organisation. They will discover how to create a sense of belonging and inclusiveness that generates a positive team spirit.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Recognise the challenges and barriers to effective remote teamwork
- Have enhanced their ability to delegate effectively and monitor results at a distance
- Have enhanced their skills in the crucial area of communicating at a distance
- Know how to build trust and recognise the importance of autonomy in remote teams
- Have acquired techniques to help them build a sense of team spirit within their team