Multicultural teams have many advantages nowadays in a fast-paced and highly complex business environment. They can provide a source of experience and innovating thinking to improve the likelihood of business success and enhance the competitive position of an organisation. However, managing multicultural teams can present its own unique set of challenges and obstacles.
The interactive workshop introduces the importance of understanding and embracing cultural differences and their effects on managing multicultural teams. Participants will explore how diversity can be managed within multicultural teams, discovering how culture plays a part in communication – whether it’s differences or similarities between cultures and individuals in a business context.
Participants will also learn how to flex their styles to manage more effectively, and improve the way they relate to multicultural teams to develop a harmonious work environment which upholds trust, respect and collegiality.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the importance of considering team members’ culture when managing them
- Identify different cultural values and traditions of various countries
- Explore their management style and know how to adapt their approach to meet individual needs
- Understand how to set and communicate expectations clearly to their team members to achieve tasks
- Recognise how to manage and communicate effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Know how to build strong and lasting relationships with team members from different cultures
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.