Being able to deal with difficult conversations effectively is an essential business skill that is invaluable in maintaining good relationships and retaining business. Disagreements don’t disappear when they’re ignored. People are often concerned about having a difficult conversation because they’re worried the client or colleague might react defensively to what they’ve got to say. They need to be dealt with in an appropriate way that achieves the desired result and keeps the relationship intact.
This interactive, informative and highly practical workshop will give your people valuable techniques and strategies that will make it easier for them to handle difficult conversations successfully. Participants will learn how to prepare for a difficult situation, get the conversation off to the best possible start and manage their emotions. They will gain insights into real situations they have experienced and leave feeling more confident in dealing with them effectively.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Learn new strategies for handling difficult conversations effectively
- Avoid wasting precious energy on feeling negative about a person or situation
- Know how to structure the opening of a difficult conversation more effectively
- Understand what makes a conversation difficult and be able to prepare effectively for them
- Have increased their ability to manage their and others emotions successfully
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.