High-performing teams improve productivity and efficiency and lead to increased employee engagement. When people work well together they are able to use all their varying strengths to achieve success. It takes a self-aware and effective manager to achieve this and maintain high performance. Every team is different and there are many factors that influence how a team performs over time.
This informative, engaging and practical workshop will equip managers to create and manage a high-performing team. They will develop strategies to enhance the way their team works and learn how to communicate messages to their teams in a way that motivates and inspires them. They will also learn how teams develop over time (when new people join or leave a team), how to handle team dynamics, how teams become dysfunctional and all about in-groups versus out-groups, politics and a whole lot more.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be able to describe the characteristics and qualities of high-performing teams
- Recognise the challenges and barriers to effective teamwork
- Have increased understanding of team dynamics and stages of team development
- Understand how to encourage a team to work together as a cohesive unit
- Know how to give effective direction by translating business goals into team objectives
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.