Managing virtual team presents even the most effective manager with a number of challenges. When their team is working remotely it’s hard to know what they’re doing – and whether they’re doing it right. And it’s not easy for a manager to build team spirit when their team is in different locations.
This sessions focuses on introducing the key principles of managing virtual teams. Ideas are explored for enhancing the critical skills required such as communication, goal setting, effective task allocation and motivating teams.
This is a standalone session that can also be taken as part of the programme Manage the New Norm – Your Route to Success.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Recognise how to define a work system, set clear goals and standards, and identify processes to achieve desired results
- Be able to create a communication charter and have enhanced their skills in the crucial area of communicating at a distance
- Understand the importance of delegating effectively and monitoring results at a distance
- Know how to build trust and recognise the importance of autonomy in remote teams
- Have acquired techniques to help them build a sense of team spirit within their team
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.