This practical workshop will enable participants to build on their existing negotiation skills and give them additional techniques they can use immediately to get others to say ‘yes’ more often – whether they’re looking to win more business, agree terms and conditions or resolve a dispute.
Using the full range of learning inventions, from facilitated discussion to pairs/small group work – and lots of ‘real-play’ scenarios – the workshop will enable participants to put the psychology of negotiation into practice, so they get more of what they want more.
They will discover how to prepare effectively, how to take a strategic approach, how to sell their ideas more powerfully, what tradeables are and how to use them, and how to bargain successfully, even in difficult situations, while preserving and developing relationships. They will also be able to develop their non-verbal intelligence – learning how to read the ‘tells’ of the other party and manage their own body language skills and vocal power for maximum impact.
Participants will leave with improved knowledge, greater confidence and enhanced skills that will enable them to be more successful in the many negotiation situations they encounter.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have practical techniques and strategies for negotiating effectively
- Understand the value of seeking a ‘win-win’ outcome whenever possible
- Appreciate the value of asking questions to understand the other party
- Understand the ZOPA model (Zone of Possible Agreement) and how to use it
- Know how to bargain and trade effectively – and not just ‘split the difference’