This highly-interactive and practical workshop will help participants develop the mindset, skillset and toolset to enable them to become successful networkers. They will discover how developing their contacts can help them and their company gain a competitive business edge. Successful networking is about taking a strategic approach rather than relying on chance. You need to be clear about your ultimate purpose and develop a structured plan for achieving it.
Successful networking is also about connecting with others and that means conversational skills are critical. How do you make engaging small talk and then transition to smart talk? Participants are reminded of the importance of asking engaging questions and using active listening techniques. How do you introduce yourself effectively – and memorably?
Many people find it hard to ‘work a room’ at a conference or networking event, so preparing effectively is essential to feeling and looking confident. Participants will also learn how to stay in touch with contacts and develop lasting, effective business relationships.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know what networking is and how to avoid being the networker from hell
- Be able to introduce themselves effectively – developing a hook and telling their story
- Know how to take a strategic approach to building and maintaining their network
- Understand how to enter a room with confidence and approach people they don’t know
- Be able to follow up, develop the relationship and stay in touch over the longer term
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.