This energetic, interactive and practical workshop will give participants the knowledge and skills to make decisions effectively and solve problems successfully. They will leave with both powerful, innovative techniques and tried-and-tested tools that will enable them to be more successful in their roles.
They will learn the importance of operating at the right level of analysis and asking questions that lead to breakthrough thinking. They will explore the practical use of a variety of creative problem solving techniques and apply them to their everyday work problems. These include pros and cons, SWOT analysis, brainstorming, fishbone analysis, spider diagrams and appreciative enquiry.
Participants use the 5 Whys to delve deeper into a real-life issues to establish the heart of a problem – the root cause.
Being able to make the right decision – even in agile, ambiguous situations when you don’t have all the information you’d like – is a critical to success in business, especially for managers and leaders.
Participants will learn how to define and clarify a problem – and how to determine which problems to devote the most time to using the Pareto Principle. The importance of gathering facts, taking an assumption-busting mindset and taking a strategic decision making approach using the decision tree.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Be able to define problems clearly leading to better solutions
- Be able to establish the root cause of problems rather than applying quick fix
- Know how to choose the decision-making strategy that best fits the situation
- Understand the secret to making decisions in an agile, uncertain environment
- Leave with tried-and-tested tools for solving problems and making decisions