Being able to solve problems and make the right decision – even in agile, ambiguous situations when you don’t have all the information – is critical to success in business, especially for managers.
This virtual session will give participants the knowledge and skills to make decisions effectively and solve problems successfully.
They will learn the importance of identifying problems and making the right decisions using the TDODAR (Time, Diagnosis, Options, Decide, Act/Assign and Review) Decision model which helps them to solve problems and consider their options under pressure.
This is a standalone session that can also be taken as part of the programme Manage the New Norm – Your Route to Success.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Be able to apply the TDODAR model to solve problems and make effective decisions in stressful, time-pressured situations
- Understand the importance of being clear and certain about the amount of time they have to make decision
- Recognise how to use the 5 Whys and cause and effect analysis to evaluate a problem
- Know how to list and consider different options to solve a problem and make a decision
- Identify ways to break decisions into action tasks and allocate them to people who are most qualified to do them