This course will be valuable for anyone looking to strengthen their project management skills. Interactive, practical and insightful, it addresses the most common challenges project managers face. They will learn how to control the four phases of a project – from initiation and planning to execution and closure – and guide it safely to a successful conclusion.
The workshop will be tailored to meet specific organisational needs that give participants relevant tools to ensure the learning is sustainable and transferable. Participants will learn how to assign roles and responsibilities, define the scope, create a milestone plan, influence stakeholders and manage changes to scope.
They will understand how to evaluate the impact a project might have on different parts of the business, discover how to identify risks and put in place plans to mitigate them to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
The workshop will also cover budgeting, reporting and how to overcome the challenges of managing projects effectively in a matrix environment.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand the most common reasons projects fail
- Know how to initiate and scope a project
- Know how to track cost and schedules during execution
- Know how to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Leave with tried-and-tested tools for solving problems and making decisions
- Be aware of the need to focus on pro-active leadership activities