Having motivated staff who are operating at their peak is essential in today’s competitive business environment – which is why performance appraisals are crucial for success. Some managers don’t make the most of this opportunity to guide and coach people to perform well, motivate and develop them. Some, in fact, think of them as a ‘box ticking’ exercise, doing little or no preparation, and ‘getting them over with’ as quickly as possible.
This informative, interactive and highly practical course takes participants from first principles to being able to deliver a confident appraisal. They will have the opportunity to practice appraisals based on realistic case studies or their own scenarios – using essential feedback, coaching and assertiveness skills.
They leave with practical tools and techniques that will allow them to deliver consistently high quality appraisals and development plans even in challenging situations or with difficult people.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the organisation’s performance appraisal process and how to get the most from it
- Recognise the need for effective preparation and know how to achieve it
- Know how to structure the performance review meeting effectively
- Be able to give effective, constructive feedback – positive and developmental
- Know how to handle difficult behaviour and challenging performance reviews
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.