Cold calling works effectively – to a degree. And social selling works effectively – to a degree. But neither on its own is the solution to finding quality prospects and hitting your quota. Put them together though, and you get a ‘winning combination’ that gives you the best of both worlds. The research is compelling: while only 3% of cold calls are effective, a lead developed via social media is 7x more likely to close.
Participants attending this practical and interactive workshop will learn how to integrate social media into their sales process – and leave with a modern, up-to-date, 21st-century approach to selling.
They will discover consistently successful methods to reach and engage customers online by following the 4 Pillars of Social Selling (1 Create a professional brand, 2 Focus on the right prospects, 3 Engage with insight and 4 Build trusted relationships) – and learn the DOs and DON’Ts for sales people interacting with prospects on social media platforms.
This workshop will obviously address timeless principles of cold calling, including: identifying prospects, preparing an effective pitch, getting through to the decision maker, opening the call effectively, building rapport conversationally, engaging the prospect, asking insightful questions and how to move the conversation forward. But these days it’s not enough.
This session will show how the cold call (or meeting), when it comes, can be more of a ‘warm call’ – following interaction over social media.
Social selling has transformed the sales process – and there’s no going back. Research by Forbes shows that 78.6% of salespeople who use social media out-perform those who don’t. This workshop equips participants with the knowledge and skills to take advantage of this transformation.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand how to integrate social media into their sales process and follow up with a warm call
- Know how to reach and engage customers online by following the 4 Pillars of Social Selling
- Have refreshed their knowledge of the principles of cold calling and honed their skills
- Be able to create an effective profile, and show how you can help your prospects by articulating a compelling story
- Increase their ability to develop their pipeline and more effectively hit their quota