Whether it’s a formal project or an informal situation where you need to gain buy-in and commitment, stakeholder management is critical to success. Other people are central to you achieving your goals and they can either support your initiatives or block your progress. Being able to communicate effectively and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels is an essential business skill.
This interactive and engaging workshop goes beyond the basics of stakeholder management, providing valuable insights and practical techniques that participants can put into use immediately and with great effect. Participants will learn why it’s important to identify, create relationships with and manage stakeholders, as well as the problems that can arise when expectations are not managed effectively. They’ll learn methods for recognising and managing relationships, including how to adapt their communication style, acquiring valuable techniques for influencing and challenging stakeholders effectively.
Participants will leave with detailed action plans to ensure that learning is transferable and sustainable, and that strategies they learn on the course are fully implemented in the workplace.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know why managing stakeholders is critical to success in a range of situations
- Learn how to adapt their communication style and approach to influence different types
- How to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Manage expectations when dealing with multiple stakeholders and divergent interests
- Know the importance of influence and persuasion in getting things done
- Understand how to deal with difficult situations and stakeholders
- Developed greater confidence to handle push back from stakeholders
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.