Taking ownership is not just doing a job or working on a project; it means making it your mission to see it through. Don’t look to others to address issues; instead look for problems before they become obvious and find and implement solutions. If you can’t fix it, then don’t just toss the responsibility to somebody else; make it your mission to fix it.
Being able to influence and persuade, get buy-in for your ideas and build relationships with customers and senior managers are key to stepping up and taking ownership.
This interactive and engaging workshop gives participants practical tools and techniques they can use immediately to get others to say ‘yes’ more often, buy their ideas and gain commitment.
Participants will be introduced to the latest know-how and techniques from the world’s leading experts in influencing, including pre-suasion, subliminal priming, lobbying and framing. Learners will also acquire skills to more effectively influence their key stakeholders and people in positions of authority.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Know the importance of taking ownership
- Discover the three pillars of ownership
- Have increased confidence in becoming accountable and responsible
- Know how to use powerful influencing techniques, including lobby, with key stakeholders/senior people
- Know how to leverage contrast and choice to influence others using words and phrases that grab people’s attention and curiosity
- Learn how to say “no” without breaking the relationship
- Be familiar with some of the ‘Cialdini’s weapons of influence’ and know how to use them in real situations