Taking ownership means taking personal responsibility for a job or a project. You become the person to talk to about it, who anticipates and solves any issues that arise. If you don’t know how to fix it, you find a way. It becomes your mission to see it through to the end and make sure it’s a success.
Being able to influence and persuade, get buy-in for your ideas and build relationships with customers and senior managers are key to stepping up and taking ownership.
This interactive and engaging workshop gives participants practical tools and techniques they can use immediately to get others to say ‘yes’ more often, buy their ideas and gain commitment.
Participants will be introduced to the latest know-how and techniques from the world’s leading experts in influencing, including pre-suasion, subliminal priming, lobbying and framing. Learners will also acquire skills to more effectively influence their key stakeholders and people in positions of authority.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know the importance of taking ownership
- Discover the three pillars of ownership
- Have increased confidence in becoming accountable and responsible
- Know how to use powerful influencing techniques, including lobby, with key stakeholders/senior people
- Know how to leverage contrast and choice to influence others using words and phrases that grab people’s attention and curiosity
- Learn how to say “no” without breaking the relationship
- Be familiar with some of the ‘Cialdini’s weapons of influence’ and know how to use them in real situations
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.