Strategy is a set of decisions designed to develop and deliver a specific long-term goal. Whatever their level, your managers and leaders will need to put in place an organisational, departmental or team strategy. Even those who don’t manage a team will achieve greater success if they can use strategic thinking when contributing in meetings.
This insightful workshop helps people develop this valuable skill in a number of ways and takes them right through the process – including setting goals, developing mid- and long-term plans, analysing the situation, competition and the environment, scenario-planning/risk assessment, developing tactics to implement the strategy, communicating it effectively/gaining buy-in and turning the plan into action. Participants will acquire lots of techniques, tools and ideas they can apply immediately.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand what strategy is and why it is important at every level in business
- Have a step-by-step approach to creating, communicating and implementing strategy
- Be able to use a range of tried-and-tested analysis tools used in strategy development
- Appreciate the impact internal and external changes have on business goals
- Have increased confidence in their ability to think strategically and gain buy-in to their plans