Stress is inevitable in today’s competitive marketplace, where managers and their teams are often expected to do more with less – resulting in constant pressure and relentless deadlines. Some people survive and thrive in this environment of continuous improvement and perpetual change – but others struggle with the demands placed upon them, and find their work-life balance suffers as a result.
Are your people buckling under the pressure? Do they find coping a challenge? Is the stress taking its toll? While they may get a buzz when the pressure’s short-lived, physical and psychological problems can develop when the stress persists over time – leading to time off sick and problems with performance.
If this sounds familiar, and you want to take pre-emptive action to safeguard the health and well-being of your staff, this highly practical and informative course is the perfect solution.
Participants will leave with powerful tools and techniques they can put into use immediately to feel more calm and more in control at work.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have practical and effective techniques for successfully managing stress
- Be able to recognise the common causes of stress and ‘triggers’ that can increase pressure
- Understand the relationship between demands made, support needed and personal control
- Recognise the visible and invisible symptoms of stress in themselves and others
- Know how to increase resilience when under pressure and reduce negative effects of stress