So much time – so little to do! If only that were true. Most of us are time-poor: struggling to fit everything in, often staying late, sometimes suffering from stress and problems with work-life balance. But does it have to be that way? In a word: no. When staff have effective time- and priority-management strategies they can get everything done and still have time to play.
Participants will be asked to consider how they spend their days and weeks – learning how to focus their use of time on their goals, targets and priorities and looking for ways of minimising or even eliminating their ‘time bandits’ – activities that bring no value to the business The dangers of ‘busyness’ – of activity that doesn’t generate productivity.
What’s the best way of managing your ‘To Do’ list – especially when you have competing demands placed upon you. Participants will learn how to avoid just doing the urgent things – while important things get compromised or even sacrificed.
They will leave with a powerful action plan that will enhance their ability to manage their time and priorities better.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be able to work smarter not harder – so the most important things get done first
- Know why effective prioritisation is essential in a pressured business environment
- Understand the value of taking a proactive approach by planning better
- Have an effective process for getting things done more consistently
- Know how to manage unexpected demands, implement them and still manage their day job
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.