So much time – so little to do! If only that were true. Most of us are time-poor: struggling to fit everything in, often staying late, sometimes suffering from stress and problems with work-life balance. But does it have to be that way? In a word: no. When staff have effective time- and priority-management strategies they can get everything done and still have time to play.
Participants will be asked to consider how they spend their days and weeks – learning how to focus their use of time on their goals, targets and priorities, looking for ways of minimising or even eliminating their ‘time bandits’ (activities that bring no value to the business), and the dangers of ‘busyness’ (activity that doesn’t generate productivity).
What’s the best way of managing your ‘To Do’ list – especially when you have competing demands placed upon you? Participants will learn how to avoid just doing the urgent things – while important things get compromised or even sacrificed.
They will leave with a powerful action plan that will enhance their ability to manage their time and priorities better.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be able to work smarter not harder – so the most important things get done first
- Know why effective prioritisation is essential in a pressured business environment
- Understand the value of taking a proactive approach by planning better
- Have an effective process for getting things done more consistently
- Know how to manage unexpected demands, implement them and still manage their day job
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.