Being able to manage tough conversations like furloughs and layoffs effectively is an essential business skill nowadays. Managers are often concerned about having a tough conversation because they’re worried the colleague might react defensively to what they’ve got to say. They need to be dealt with in an appropriate way that achieves the desired result and keeps the relationship intact.
This virtual session will give your managers valuable techniques and strategies that will make it easier for them to handle tough conversations successfully.
Participants will learn how to prepare for a difficult situation and get the conversation off to the best possible start. They will gain insights into real situations they have experienced and leave feeling more confident in dealing with them effectively.
This is a standalone session that can also be taken as part of the programme Manage the New Norm – Your Route to Success.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the differences between furlough and layoff
- Learn new strategies for handling difficult conversations effectively
- Know how to structure the opening of a difficult conversation more effectively
- Understand what makes a conversation difficult and be able to prepare appropriately for them
- Have increased their ability to manage their and others’ emotions successfully
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.