The success of many virtual teams depends upon their ability to collaborate and communicate with each other and people from different departments effectively. All too often it goes wrong leaving some individuals feeling isolated and the whole team become less effective in attaining their goals. Team members often rely on email, chat, telephone calls, tele/web conferences to keep in touch. How effectively they do this makes a big difference to the results they achieve.
This informative, practical and interactive program provides participants with a benchmark for best practice in virtual communication. They will explore when to use which medium to achieve the best result in day-to-day communication. They will learn how to avoid making assumptions that lead to misunderstandings. They will also discover how to ensure they get the most out of virtual team meetings by assertively putting their views across and making sure their contributions are discussed. They will also learn how to take a leading role, when needed, to make sure the meeting stays on track. Participants will leave with increased confidence in their ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment.
This program is extremely effective when delivered to an intact team.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand how day-to-day virtual team communication can go wrong and how to avoid it
- Know which medium of communication to choose to get the best results
- Recognise how to avoid making assumptions that lead to misunderstandings
- Know how to get the most from a virtual team meeting and preparing to add value
- Learn how to make sure their contributions are discussed and get their point across assertively
Please note that these outcomes are a guide only and the precise outcomes will vary with the delivery method and duration of the session.